Getting to where the sidewalk ends

Monday, May 9, 2011

New trike work stand

PVC is my friend.  I took the plans from Utah Trikes website.  Trikes and PVC Article I bought all the parts for about $33.  Then in the morning, I chopped up the pipe with my saw.  It all fit together just fine.  So I started taking it apart and gluing it back together.  That could have gone better; I glued a part wrong and had to hammer on the thing to get it to go together. The crossbeam in the front is missing some pieces.  I actually broke my rubber mallet hammering it together.  But it’s assembled its sturdy strong and lightweight.  It makes tuning the tike up a lot easier.  I can’t imagine a cheaper way to get a decent safe stand for a trike. 

Anybody have a different stand or way to work on a trike without knelling on the floor?

No comments:

Post a Comment